Friday, March 18, 2011

NCAA Tournament: Boston University Terriers v. Kansas Jayhawks

Well BU plays Kansas tonight and I am pumped! Should be exciting for BU Basketball program.  In one of my first posts, I described what I think it would mean for this program.  I think it means a lot.

When I was at Agganis last week to see them beat Stony Brook in the America East Championship Game it was truly a sight, the place was packed for the first time I can remember.  If we get one thing out of this experience I hope it is fans!  With the recognition we have been getting in Boston lately I hope we see a spike in attendance next year.  It makes things so much entertaining when we have butts in the seats and loyal dedicated group of followers, not just fair weather fans who are going to show up only when BU is close to making the tournament.

TONIGHT


99.1% of Americans participating in ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge have picked Kanas to win tonight.  Your's truly is not one of them.  I am of the 0.9% that has BU winning.  I believe that if we hit the three consistently, like Northern Iowa, the BU Terriers can pull off the HUGE upset.

Key to the game:

  • John Holland will have a huge game
  • BU will sink the majority of our three-point field goals
  • BU has to keep it close with defense

I leave you with this....

However improbable the odds, if you work hard and have faith, anything is possible, GO TERRIERS!

____________________

No comments: