Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last 2 weeks in BU Hoops - part 2 of 3 - Delaware

BU vs. Delaware

Who knew people live in Delaware?

Weeks before this game I was asking around if anyone knew someone who lived in Delaware. I couldn't find anyone. Delaware as a state intrigues me, what is in Delaware? Say what you want about Iowa at least they have corn and caucusing. To be honest I've never been in the state for more than one hour, and there is no reason to, if I -95 didn't go through Delaware I likely would've spent 25 years of my life without ever stepping a foot in the state. Right away I wanted to go to this game and do something in Delaware, maybe even spend the night.

It wasn't until after the game that I met someone who lives in Delaware; Julia's sister Emily currently attends the U of D. Damn, why didn't I know this earlier? It wouldn't have mattered, Emily was in Boston that weekend anyway. At least now I will have one reader of this blog from Delaware.

The game itself can be summarized in one sentence: John Holland scored 42 points as BU trounced Delaware. I think It would've been an awesome performance to see live. I can't wait to see Holland next year. Does he become one of the rare America East talents that attracts NBA scouts to gyms that hold less than 2000 people?

No comments: